Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Little Parrot Shadow

Well she learned to crawl a little over 2 weeks ago! I can't believe it! Since then she has decided she doesn't have to be in the room with Mom and Dad. She can strike out on her own and we will follow. However I have also noticed that when I leave a room she will watch and either try and follow or be content where she is. So I sometimes have a very slow shadow! I encourage this as I enjoy having her follow me around and see what I am doing, and since she is so slow if I am just running to do something I am usually back before she has gone too far! My favorite though is when I am getting us ready to leave for somewhere it's easier to do our bags and her in separate trips so I get the bags ready and then I take them out to the car, and open the garage door. When I come back she is sitting by the door waiting for me! It's great she knows we are getting ready to go and I no longer have to pry a toy out of her hands or bring it along! She hasn't yet figured out how to bring something with her when she crawls!
Her other new trick this week she ha sonly done twice, but I think she is working on developing this. She will mimic something I say. The first time she did this she had woken up from her nap and was playing in the crib, I went to get her and she backed away from me, I guess not wanting out yet. So I told her okay I will leave then, and I walked toward the door and said Bye Bye while waving. She then waved her arm (something she does most of the time) and said ba ba in the same tone as I said Bye Bye! hmmm?!? The second time was similar in that she mimicked the tone of what I said. Silly little girl!

Okay here is the video of her pulling up...



Here is the video of her crawling it's from the first day she crawled and she has sped up since then, but still pretty slow!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

yea for joy! :)

G said...

Hey - I need another entry. The next one better not be when Joy is walking! :)Seriously though, would love an update on life at the Lybarger home.
- G