Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Catch- Up

Okay so here is a little catch up on what has happened the past couple of weeks:

Trip to Dallas: My friend Nikki from college is moving back to New York since I don't know when I will ever get to see her again I arranged a weekend where we went to Dallas to meet with 2 other college friends and have a good time. We went March 28-30th. I got Joy ready and we left after work/school on Friday and picked up Nikki at her parents which is about half way to Dallas. Then we went on to Mary's house and basically just got to hang out together all weekend. It was nice to visit with Nikki, Mary and May. The toll that took on me traveling alone with Joy made me very tired by Sunday afternoon, but we survived and had a good time. Nothing huge to report but a good trip with no pictures because as always I forgot the camera when traveling alone (it's Rob's job to get camera equipment!)

The only news for during the week was on Friday I was walking through the hall by Joy's class and the teacher tells me that Joy didn't like her lunch so she gave her some of another child's. *Stunned look* I could not even say anything at that point. Then I go to pick her up and she had a poopy so I go in her room to change her (she was playing across the hall) and I notice what I am sure was the wipes I purchased for my child were in another child's container which I can only assume is communal. As this was the last straw for me that day I walked over to the office and promptly told the assistant director that if it were not for the fact that I am a teacher in this PDO I would have pulled Joy. I then told her of the above two things and we chatted for awhile. The unfortunate thing is that she's not the one who needed to hear it all. *sigh* I do have my final formal letter written to the director and the PDO board as why I will not return next year.

Then this weekend started Saturday morning with Joy feeling warm, I checked her, temp was a low 99. Hmm... maybe it's the teething? She seemed to be "normal" for how she has been the last 2 weeks. So not a second thought. Then my friend Jen calls and asks if we want to go to the San Jacinto Momument. I ask Rob sure we are up for it. Great when they get ready they will call and we will meet there. Good for me. Well that was around 9:30am. We finally get there around 12. Joy manages to be wonderful even though it's her lunch and nap time she does the Monument and then the battleship fairly well, we were impressed. Then we really test her by taking her out to lunch at a sit down restaurant. She not only sits nicely she eats! Wow! Finally we get home around 3:00 or so and put her down for the rest of the nap she started in the car. Exciting day right! Let's add my Dad coming into town.

So my Dad calls about 20 minutes into the nap and we decide he can come over that evening to play etc. Joy wakes from her late nap eats a small dinner and I get her excited that Paw Paw and Grand are coming. So excited that when they actually pull up she was running to the door to see who it was, then she saw and backpedaled as fast as she could! I scoop her up and go out and get my hug and say our hellos. Joy all evening sat in my lap across the room not even wanting to acknowledge their presence. This is typical, so I let her be who she is, I don't force people on her and let her warm up at her own pace... And warm up she did after Paw Paw and Grand leave and I am ready for bed I check on my darling as I do every night, she's warm. I check the temp, 101.3, so she gets some tylenol, and we go to bed.

Sunday my sister comes over to see our Dad. We talk we play we visit the motor home and then we go out to dinner. Joy is still not warming up to my Dad, and although she talks big about puppies she prefers them stuffed, on TV or at a distance. My Dad's dogs were a little intimidating for her when they came close, which is hard not to do in a motor home.

Monday we go to the park then meet my sister, Dad, Cherry and Rob for lunch at Jason's Deli. Joy seems more herself, but still not real warm with her Paw Paw and Grand. After lunch we all (minus Rob) pile in my car and head to Moody Garden's Aquarium. I chase Joy around the aquarium since I knew she would not want to stay in the stroller and with 4 adults we had plenty of eyes on her. She unfortunately still wanted nothing to do with the other 3 adults (even Aunt Vicki was getting shunned a little?) So she is attached to me, and we all have a good time, and manage not to buy any overpriced souvenirs.

Tuesday, the plan is I will go to work till noon, which is usual. I wake up with this intention, I go to get Joy and see green snot. Now I am not a believer in the snot rules for diagnosis (green = sick) but my PDO is so I call in and take another day off, and make an appointment at the doctor for her. I take her to the doctor and it's possibly viral, no signs or symptoms of anything else the blood work shows a high virus count. No meds, and no real answers. The rest of Tuesday is spent at home napping and well, I napped to. Tuesday evening Joy finally warmed up to my Dad and Cherry and then we had to say Goodbye! Sorry Dad! I will say she took twice as long as usual to warm up probably due to the unexplained illness. So for anyone who is wanting to come visit know, to get Joy to warm up it takes about 2-3 hours regularly, and 4-6 when she is feeling out of sorts.

Wednesday I went back to work Rob took a half day. Only reason I went was my kids went on a field trip. Joy got a new outfit for her Build A Bear "Baby Lybear" It's cure I will try and get a picture of her and the bear. Oh and for Rob she was fine, for me she was grumpy and moody! Even in her sleep she was crying so I checked on her she asked for milk. I go get it, she won't touch it, and asks for "night night and points to the crib. *sigh*

Okay I know this post is forever long, I will get some pictures up tomorrow if I can. For those of you who made it to the end of this I am impressed! I don't think I would have! Gold stars for you!

4 comments:

Electric Monk said...

Gold star for me!

G said...

How's the pregnancy progressing? :) haha Sounds like you've been busy. I saw your post on my blog, and I can't give up our cat! Zoey is a furry member of the family. But you could still come out here, stay at a nearby hotel, and I could cook and drive and entertain, and hey, you can't beat that, right? (Ok, before you make any cooking jokes, it will probably actually be Steve cooking, though I am determined to learn how to make a really good pasta primavera that you serve cold. I had that the other day with this amazing fruit salad, and yum, I am getting hungry just thinking about it. Oh, big news here is that I have completely given up soda. Even diet!

Unknown said...

To ward off any rumors I am not pregnant I played a practical joke on G and called her to say I was. So don't think the above comment means anything!

Scooter said...

OK - Starting to wonder about the Pregnancy thing, but thought it might have to do with the joke with G!

Wow sounds like you had a really hard couple of weeks. Hope things are at least getting back to normal. I can't believe they didn't feed her what you brought. I didn't think they were allowed to do that. As for the wipes, I would have been upset to.