Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's been a week...

Well I have nothing to really say, but I thought it has been a week so an update might be nice. My Dad came into town on Saturday after an impromptu visit to the San Jacinto Monument and Battleship (pictures to come). Joy is very stranger shy, and not to call my Dad a stranger although he can be strange (hi Dad!). She has been very weary of him. In addition to this she has a slight fever (started at 99.2 and climbed to 101.2 and seems to be going back down). Today she did finally let him hold her, I was putting her to bed as he came over and so I went out to let her say goodnight to Paw Paw and she reached for him (anyone to save her from the night!) he held her for a little bit and put her to bed. I have learned something about me as a Mom, I am not a pushover when it's just me and Joy or just Rob and Joy and I. However you add company to the mix or she is in a strange situation I let her get away with more. I also let her get away with more when she doesn't feel well. She has a fever and we have company, she was spoiled this weekend! Yikes what will I have on my hands next week?!

2 comments:

G said...

Glad to hear Joy is starting to feel better! :)

xxxx said...

Ohh, I hope your little girl is feeling better! For your sake AND hers :)