Wednesday, June 11, 2008

No Geneva I haven't stopped blogging...

It however is summer, which means more home time, which means more mess which means less time on the computer, and when I do get here I prefer to do other stuff first. So for now blogging is on a back burner, but if something exciting happens I will let you know.
As for our recent excitement, I started watching 3 other kids this past week. It went well except that 2 came on one day and one on the other, and it made it more difficult on the day with only 2 kids (Joy and one other). This week they are all coming on Thursday, which will I think be better as it will keep me more focused on what we are doing. This week is beach/ocean week so we will be painting the ocean and putting fish in the ocean. I guess I need to make those fish!
So far from this Joy has learned she doesn't want to share. This week at the library on Tuesday she was very adamant in saying that the library's toy was hers and she would not share with another child. Then today at the beach she was again very sure she did not want to share her sand and water toys with the other kids. I told her it was fine and she allowed it begrudgingly. She has also learned "hold you" from one of the other girls. I will call her "C" so she remains anonymous. C's Mom had just dropped her off and she was a little sad, although never full out cried about it, and so she asked me "hold you" and I told her I would be glad to hold her. Now Joy says "hold you" when she wants you to hold her. If Daddy happens to pick up and she wanted Mommy she will say "Hold you, Mommy" I don't correct her yet, as I like this grammer mistake, it's just sweet and cute!
I think that is about it. We have been to "the beach" which is really Moody Garden's white sand pool beaches a couple times this summer, and we tried the pool once. She is not a fan of the water right now, but we can't really do swim lessons as it isn't in the budget, and I would hate to pay and then her hate it the whole time! We will do the swim lessons at some point, just not this summer.
The next 2 weeks will be busy, I am doing the VBS at our church again this year and I am in charge of the crafts, which I am very excited about. Then the following week I am attending "Sew Free Day Camp" where I hope to learn a little more about sewing. One of the Mom's from my Mom's group will also be going and her child is one I watch once a week, so I look forward to getting to know her more.
I think that is all... let me know if I forgot something!

2 comments:

Scooter said...

I know what you mean about being busy. It would seem that I would have more time, but I am pretty good at filling that time. I wish I would figure out how not to have so much to do.

The "hold you" thing is really sweet - and much better to look forward to then Clint's last blog - if Chaundra and I ever have the chance to have children.

Good luck with VBS!

Tracey said...

I was wondering the same thing!! I like hearing about your days. I bet those kids give you lots of giggles. Our VBS is next week also. You'll have to come over sometime for a swim to see if Joy likes the water any better if another kid is around. Emilia is a little fish!