Monday, May 19, 2008

Don't Read the Book

I love it when a book becomes a movie, I am even more excited when the movie matches the book. Before this week I was only throughly disappointed with one of these instances, it was the John Grisham book about the Jury, the book is about a Jury selection for a big tobacco trial, the movie was about a jury selection for a gun trial COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! This was very upsetting as this was my first John Grisham to read and see the movie in the theater.
Where am I going with this you ask? Well Rob and I had the rare opportunity to go see a movie this weekend (thanks Grand Lady). We chose to see Prince Caspian since Rob had gone to see Ironman on Thursday night. Well if you are a reader of the Narnian series then you will be dissapointed with the story line as although they start in the same place and have the same ending as the book, the middle is WAY off! I don't understand why either. I did enjoy the movie, but really wish they had stuck to the real storyline.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Glad to hear you got out of the house for a date night. I'm always disappointed in movies if I've recently read the book and can remember the details that are wrong. Annoys me to no end. Harry Potter is ok but the books are so much better. Never seen a good John Grisham adaption although The Pelican Brief was a decent movie. The only book and movie that are both equally good is To Kill a Mockingbird.