Sunday, February 3, 2008

Eating at the Table and other Exciting News!

Well I went and did it I sat Joy on the window seat and put her food on the table, and now she refuses to eat when in the high chair with the tray. The good news is that the high chair is set to the height of the table and she can and is still strapped in for her meals just without the tray. I did manage to get a couple pictures of her eating cheese while sitting at the window seat.





The next thing I did was finally bring in the Mickey Table Rob and I made (he made I decorated). She likes it! At first we just used a stool from my Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house which fit perfectly, now I have purchased a couple chairs from Ikea.



My lovely friends Liz and Jen purchased for me a great looking picture mosaic of Mickey from Fantasia. It's beautiful, one BIG problem it's a puzzle!! Rob and I let Joy use the box as a stepping stool for about a month then finally got the pieces out and although we loathed Jen and Liz the whole way we finally have our beautiful picture, now where's the puzzle glue and frame shop?


Okay if you don't know me too well, you don't know I am a craft-a-holic, if it's an available craft I have probably tried it. Most recently is the above table for Joy, that was a new endeavor with the decoupage, which I am in love with, but now it needs to be shellacked or something so when we spill it's okay. My continuing craft thing is scrapbooks and stamping, two very exciting things I almost never get to do, but I do have a craft room for it. Other things I have dabbled in include crossstitch (although I have yet to finish a project) I did a brief stint with plastic canvas, I have stenciled, I am working on m sewing abilities, and last but not least I have done ceramics. Now I know your thinking who hasn't these days with painter potter and other chain bisque ware painting places around, but no I really did do ceramics when I was in Middle School. My Grandmother had a group every Tuesday at her church and I don't know if I asked or she offered, but for at least one whole summer every Tuesday night I was with her and 5-6 other ladies painting ceramics, I loved it. I don't have room in my life for all the things I would like to create, but I enjoyed it, and now I have a place I can go (although she has a cat and that's bad news, but I might get over it). This is my first creation from this ceramics studio, it's a piggy bank if you can't tell! That was long winded but I am avoiding cleaning something (really everything!)


1 comment:

G said...

Wow, you are so crafty! The table is awesome, love the puzzle and the pennybank too. I've been wanted to go to one of those pottery places and paint a vase or something - you've inspired me! By the way, that cheese stick looks huge! And delicious! Love the laughing photo. :)